Mail Watcher
I spent ages getting essays ready for this college, and used courier to mail them to beat the final deadline. I spending the whole time since yesterday staring at the tracking number at the courier service website to see when parcel will reach the college. 1 am it reached the courier's regional office. 5 am it reached the college city center. 7 am it was scheduled for delivery, 7.30 am with the delivery guy. 11.30 am delivered to the college!!!
This was a big deal for me, because I really poured my heart and soul into the essays. This college really pays a lot of attention to essays I heard. I had e-mailed one of the essays which I felt I might have gone way too experimental to a friend, one girl, and another counselor person I knew from a different school for advice. Anyway both of them never e-mailed back, even just a sorry I can't help u now note. Well, good thing too since now I have the full satisfaction of saying I did it on my own! 3 essays altogether, yeah! 4 pages, 2.5 pages, 1.5 pages!
I always think twice of asking people for help, and I guess this proves my point. The girl, mind u is the one who pushed me into applying to the sista school, when I didn't even ask her advice. You tht school which gave me a lot of grief. And the counselor lady herself had contacted me last year, saying apply hear and there which ended up in dead ends.
So, lesson of the day boys and girls, don't listen to unsolicited advice, but listen to your heart instead!

No comments:
Post a Comment