Friday, January 4, 2008

Costly Mistakes


I was looking over the essays I submitted, and I realize that I made 2 grammar mistakes!!! The 1st one maybe a bit hard to notice, but the second one is glaring I think. Ahh, this is surely gonna cost me. I feel like screaming!! I am gonna look like an idiot. Costly mistakes. A lousy day.
I spent 1/2 hour clutching my stomach, sitting at chinese food restaurant in the top floor of the mall after a relative sent me there to buy her dinner and my stomach ulcer started to attack just then. And then I spent an hour buying her grocery supply. Then went to the pharmacy for her to get her diabetic meds. And I waited for the bus for 45 minutes. And another 1/2 hour to walk down from the bus stop. The day could not end sooner. Lousy public transport in my town.
Making mistakes in essays is really suicidal. What a way to kill the initial perceptions of u in the college eyes. All the efforts I put into getting my paper work done are wasted. I went to 3 schools altogether, so lot of transcripts involved. And money is wasted. College applications are costly processes.

I have to focus on what is most important to me right now, getting into college. Nothing else should matter, I have to tell myself. Do not let people's judgmental views get to you. What they know how much in life I went through. Sometimes, I feel like I have lived a long and dreary life. What, so many years I have to go through still? I have never shared all the more details that went through my life in the long past here. Too much happened long before, tiring, hateful. It has been a long journey. We live in a petty, dark, vengeful and backstabbing world. That is the wisdom I gained through the years. It is a dog eat dog world.

4 comments:

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Can I pick you up and rescue you please? I know what you mean with backstabbing, it is painful and mistakes in essays are something that is a present ouch but I know soon that will pass for you. we are our worst critic after all and you are an excellent writer!! :)

My door is always opened and there would be frenetic activity here with the boys, but not negativity. :) May sunday be well for you!

How is your ulcer now? How long was the attack? Take care of yourself, when your body reacts like it is, it's "natures" way of saying, "hey, I'm not content right now with something that you're involving yourself in..and rid it from your life."

I think your Ulcer isn't a big fan of those relatives.

ALways,
Crusty~

Cheryl said...

Isn't Crusty the best? I bet your mistakes aren't as bad as you think. That's what I hope for you.

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

How is monday for our dear Kyrie!!
Hold on to the snow flakes and soon you'll see glittering passion!!
Always,
Crusty~