Thursday, January 3, 2008

Boo 2008 (How many of you guys wish it is 1998 ?)

So I managed to finish the essays and applications online for all but one college by the deadline. the last place, I had already sent out the main forms, I just could not finish the supplement form by midnight deadline. For the other places I submitted my applications, I am kind of scared how some of my essays are. I really hope I did not mess up my grammar. I am kinda scared the essays look haphazard. No time to review properly some of the essays. Now, I have to make sure my transcripts, exam results, and all reach in the college offices in time. The worst I tell u guys is CB, they take about 5 weeks to send all ur past standardized score stuff to the schools. Then, financial aid forms to fill. Then then another college application to get done by the 10th. And I think about 3 by the 15th. And a reach school by the 20th.
I really wanted to email 2 of my essays to any one of my blogging friends, to get a 2nd opinion other than my own, but I was doing the essays near the deadline, so time was kinda short to do it, and I was kinda shy to impose :). But thanks for all the support, really helped me to pull through. I never had people telling me I can do it before, so I really appreciate all the supportive friends I have met through the blog world. Thank u for being there guys. I really appreciate it.
So, a lot of stuff to get done this month. And some exams are coming near the month's end.

In the past 2 days, I slept less than 2 hours altogether, forgot to eat my dinners, and then after submitting my last application by 12 am Eastern time deadline, I had crashed and burned. My gastric came back, and I needed sleep so badly.

January, is gonna be a crazy month for me. Uggh.

I can't post the colleges I am applying online but the point is all the places I am trying not only have full rides, but they are really really far from where I am living. Schools down here are really horrible with aid, too much local political stuff involved. Yuck. I had tried and was turned away before.
So, getting away, I feel means I really can make a fresh start for real. No more stifling family members who seem to spit poison at me the more I keep quiet. The only question is, am I good enough for the colleges I am applying? I am kind of wishing I gotten this or that grade higher, or I took that extra course, or a better SAT score, etc,etc.

Well, a NEW Year. I feel the same, actually more sadder. Getting older which I hate. Getting more duller. Have nothing in life. Yeah, expect the back portion of my house is giving out a real bad odor because of the water. Abba was right. Mold attack.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

All that work with the applications and essays and forms is like a full time job. How do people do it that have to work?

Best, best of luck to you. Keep at it. I have a good feeling about your getting into school and away from your crazy relatives. You deserve to be happy.

Andrew said...

You have so much on your mind and so much to think about. I want you to come to the states and go to college there. That way, selfishly, you would be closer to me and the blog gang. I am thinking of you and rooting for you. I hope my emails have been helpful, but I bet that last one wasn't. I didn't read carefully enough what you wrote. I will from now on! Thinking of you, friend!

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I know it's hard. I've always found Jan and feb to be hard months for me. I am praying that you'll have find positives in things that you'd never glanced at before!!!
Always,
Crusty~
I like what Andrew said..come to the states!