Friday, November 9, 2007

A Reminder for Myself

I must never give up on myself....I must never give up on my ambitions...

I must remind myself of that everyday especially these days when the obtuse perceptions surrounding my life seem to scream out, "This should be your only reality. Accept it from now on!!"

"NO!" I must scream back.

I must remember to keep on fighting for my dreams. I must not seek the easy way out for then what is life if not fighting for what one stands for?

There are days that I just feel too tired, and other times I completely forget those ambitions that I always profess to hold on to tightly. I feel ashamed for feeling that way.

But I must remember to soldier on, to not fall down half way, but to continue on until I reach my destination holding my head up with pride in the end to say I did it without ever once compromising my principles, my conscience , my beliefs, and my aspirations. It is a long journey of solitude to the finish line, and I must fearlessly walk with my convictions as my only companion on this journey I am beginning. Yes, I must never forget this.

What my horoscope preached me today,
You may be agitated by the level of intensity today, for you typically like it when your life is more even-keeled than it is now. Nevertheless, you are clear about your core beliefs and values and won't let yourself get pulled off center. Still, there's a small voice in the back of your head that makes you wonder. Listen to the voice when it speaks, but don't encourage it any further.
A Libran's horoscope from iGoogle.

Uncanny wasn't it. I needed to read something like that. I just been struggling within myself too much lately, and I just needed to remind myself of what is truly important to me which are my principles, and my education. It is just too easy to get yourself swayed by the ephemeral foolish tides of life sometimes.

I must always try to keep myself distant from all that negative tides, not to get sucked in.

Never to forget who I am truly. Never. I am my father's daughter. I am defined by my convictions to the end. I am defined by my hopes in the end.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

"I am defined by my hopes in the end."

I loved that. So true. I have so many hopes and aspirations and you do to. Let's not give up on them. Tomorrow brings a brighter day!!!!

Cheryl said...

You need to keep these positive thoughts. Every night when I get into bed, I close my eyes and smile. Silly, I know, but it does something chemically that makes you feel good. Just saying, do whatever you can to keep up your spirits.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

You are You thankfully from your father!!
Very very nice!!!
I liked that sentence too, "I am defined by my hopes in the end!"
Just lovely!
Always,
Crusty~