Saturday, August 11, 2007

Tears Fresh Yet From The Past

The tears just dried up. I had let those long bottled up feelings well up today, and started crying uncontrollably.
The trigger memories originated from the time that I was forced to take time off from high school, exactly a year after my dad died. What led me to that point was probably some of the most traumatic and disappointing experiences that I ever went through in my life. I could never forget the day when it all exploded over. Too painful for me to discuss right now. Maybe I will one day. I learned during that period how the people I trusted the most, the ones I worshiped ever since my childhood, the ones I though I can depend on no matter what were the ones who hurt me, disappointed me, and destroyed my life the most. The adults in my life, those "would be role models", those who my late father had entrusted me upon disappointed me in the worst way possible at that time, and made me see people for the way they really are from that point on.
The naive young lady from that day reached the liberating conclusion that she could never again trust adults.
The sadness is still lingering right now, even thought the tears is back in its leash.
A future was sacrificed and now after so long, can it be sought after again? I am trying to look past through the many tears, through the many wasted years, to find the faith in myself again to walk strongly alone in determination to seek out my academic ambitions.

2 comments:

Billy said...

Your tears are reminders of what you have overcome, and they should fall every so often to remind you of your dad and what path you want to be on. Pursue your dreams. It is what you were meant to do. Go after them and don't let anyone stand in your way.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

tears shed over trust are often the most difficult to endure aside from tears shed over death.
Hang in there Kyrie..like abbagirl said, use this as a reminder of your dad and use the memories as a way to will yourself to be who you want to be.
Always,
Crusty~
go forward full throttle and prove only to yourself how your dreams can come true.