Saturday, April 28, 2007

A Answer in The Mail

Today I received a square A4 sized envelope frm one the scholarship places I applied. Finally, I thought. For days, I could not sleep a wink, not even the usual three hours. I was worrying myself to death about why I had not received any replies yet. I still have not opened the envelope yet. It is not the smallish kind, I noticed with relief as rejection letters come those sizes. It is the wider kind, but it is slim! So I am still kinda apprehensive. I am still gathering my nerves to open it. Sigh, maybe tomorrow..
Afters years of facing disappointments, I should hv more guts right but sadly no! I really wanted to follow this course of study so I have to face it. Years of waiting, people's annoying comments, I had to face it all because of my decision. I never took the easy way out. Exams after exams, essays after essays, thesis submissions , I keep on doing it so I will become good enough to get those scholarships. I never going to depend on anyone because unless I get through this on my own efforts, thn only it will mean something to me.
Success itself does not amount to much, it how we achieved tht success underlines its true significance.
One can never buy education. If so, it losses it true meaning. I am somewht glad to take this long arduous path of exams and academic struggles. I hv learnt more thn I would ever hv if I simply had the money to sail through my coveted course of study. The intellectual experiences has build my character more. I never cared much about money or the materialistic world and have always kept away frm that superficial part of world.

No comments: