Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Focus

Darks clouds around 4 pm burst a torrent of heavy rain and thunder and I am pretty much stuck in my room which I dont mind. I hate goin out even if there is a necessity like the last morsel of food is eaten and I have to go out shopping to stack up my food supplies which usually entails soft drinks and crackers if I am too lazy. Rain is always a fine excuse for myself to catch up on research on the Internet or my reading. Actually, even without the rain that is how most of my time is spent anyway. However the constant rain these days provides a good excuse for the routine that I love. Other days, I will lose myself solving some complex Math problem for hours which I truly welcome because it completely focuses my mind forgetting the constant whispers of my life's worries that always seem to haunt my thoughts. Math is the only thing that seem to calm my hyperactive thoughts and seem more effective than any good music! However, these last 2 months, too much worries and the haunting cruel words of relatives who visited in December to provide hours of verbal abuse saw me neglecting this very Math tht I love. I was in such a confused state that I had stopped tutoring Math last month. I hv been tutoring kids for years in Math even whn I was in high school. Now, I have resolved to focus on the thing I love again. Some people go to Spa, I do Math to calm my nerves!

No comments: