Just A Day
I have been having some bad days lately. Don't ask me why. I don't know. I guess I came across some over zealous rich parents who made rather disparaging remarks about my qualifications to think of getting merit scholarships. Their kids were applying to colleges this year too as well as for some of the same scholarships. So, I started moping around, rethinking my qualifications, extra curricular stuff, etc. Took a blow to my already damaging ego. I don't why people are so nasty sometimes.
I have not heard one nice word these few days, and when I called one college today asking of what addition transcripts to send, the lady who handled my forms was very nice and friendly, I nearly burst into tears after I put down the phone. A couple of nice words and look at me. I guess we all need a small shine of goodness in this stark "me" culture.
On a different note, the ladies college up the hill finally said they could not afford to give me scholarships or aid but only an acceptance. Ha ha! Are they kidding? I asked them to give my place to some one else. I know a lot of students are competing to get into that elite school, so why hog a place I can't have anyways. For what? To frame the acceptance letter?
On a lighter note, I was passing an optical shop today, when I spotted a cute totally handsome young optician guy in blue shirt. I became starry eyed :).

1 comment:
I love it when I become starry eyed. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it puts me in a great mood! Don't let these people bring you down. You know what you are made of and don't need to believe the crap that comes out of some people's mouth. Keep doing what you're doing! Have a wonderful weekend!
Post a Comment