Merry Christmas Month
Officially December, the month of Christmas!!! Merry Christmas month.
It has been a crazy week for me. I will try to write something about it soon.
Most importantly Christmas month is here. I know how people say stores go on a commercial hyperdrive by exploiting Christmas, but I cannot agree with them. Why? Because I love how the malls, stores, etc spread the Christmas spirit. The Christmas carols... the trees... even the shoppers seem to adopt a effervescent mood.
When I was younger, I used to spend Christmas at one of my uncles house, but it was always an unpleasant experience. Before the evening was over, some sort of drama will break out. I am of course not allowed to sit in the hall or join in the party where they will be entertaining their rich friends. I will be forced into spending the whole Christmas day in the kitchen. So, in respect to myself, I quit spending Christmas in my uncles' kitchens.
I remember once sitting with a group of kids my age who came to Uncle Bas' Christmas party, and his girlfriend's daughter, a 30-something, started shouting, "Mom, why is she sitting here?" referring to me. It was a humiliating experience.
It is better to spend Christmas at my own house. I have my dad's old tree, he bought when I was 7..I had a hobby of collecting decorations when I was younger. So, I have tons of decorations.
And there won't be any uncles and aunts to look down on me.


3 comments:
Kyrie,
Glad to see you posting. I was growing worried about you when I would stop by and you hadn't updated. Thanks for the mention of me and Cheryl. I am so excited about Christmas this year that I feel like a small child!
our door is open if you don't want to be alone for xmas. :)
Hang in there..Holidays are soo damn rough!!
You are in my thoughts..and I know that your dad is looking on you sending you hidden msg's of peace...have you found any today? :)
Always,
Crusty~
I'm glad you aren't letting your relatives get you down. Decorate and blast the Christmas music. Sing along. I hope it's a good Christmas for you.
Post a Comment