Friday, November 23, 2007

Serpent Eyes


I was running, and everywhere I sought shelter snakes were coming at me. Dark, slithering, with large fangs, kept drawing up to me, and I finally climbed up my the roof of house. And a large ugly cobra started to lunge at my feet. I started to scream, drawing back, and fell down, entrapped from each side..
The only egress was to fall off from the roof, but more snakes were there...

I got up letting out a small scream, and saw I was back in my room. A mere dream.. I had finally managed to fight the tide of insomnia in the wee hours of Friday morning, but this dream freaked the daylights out of me after an hour of slumber.

Serpent is a symbolism of evil, and according to the ancient beliefs, it represents the devil or some other evil creatures. I was really freaked of the dream. I have been getting my fair share of nightmares lately and this is yet another a new and strange dream in my burgeoning nightmares library.

Equanimity is currently not being my strong point. I am totally stressed with everything.

Yesterday, this guy I hardly knew started attacking some essay I wrote for exam practice claiming he was this cognitive science student, and saying I failed to show any reasonable thinking throughout my paper. I did not even ask for his advice! Anyway I felt really humiliated.
I am not sure why I get rattled so easily now days, especially since I really need to focus this week. I kept thinking what he said today. I know I should not be so sensitive and try to forget what he said.

And wish me a calm week....
Still working on the tag abbagirl74 gave me :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't get too worried Kyrie, snakes are not always a symbol of evil. Snakes are also known to represent change. To shed one's skin and begin anew with bright, bold new colors.

With all that is going on in your life right now, it is understandable that you would feel threatened by change at this time. It may feel as if to say, "What, what now must I also adapt too?!?"

But whether you want this change or not, perhaps it is a good thing. What is going on currently is not working for you. Change will come, regardless of whether you are ready to face it or not.

Maybe this is the fear of "dropping into it" and allow the fangs of change to take hold, it is what frighetns you most.

Don't worry about Mister "I'm a behavioral science student", he is just trying to make himself feel better about his own inefficencies.

Take Care,
P

Billy said...

I've dreamed about snakes before, but never thought anything of them. I have been dreaming about ants the last couple of nights. Weird.

Cheryl said...

I do wish you a calm week, Just keep doing what's best for you.

mosiacmind said...

Hello friend.......hope that things with you are going well.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I hate unsoliciated advice..

perhaps the dream on a positive note means this:
Don't be afraid to let go and fall off the roof, you will survive and you will have avoided the bit of the negative and taken it all on your own regardless of those snakes (relatives) and you fall, but you eventually land okay and survive..I wonder what would've happened if you hadn't woke up..you'd have seen yourself land..you almost did..as you found yourself back in your room...the room that you dream in...

Change is soo good!! You will be fine...open yourself to the world outside of the rooms with the snakes...it's scary but you'll learn so much!
Always,
Crusty! :)