The Country Life

I woke up couple of times early morning today, scratching my arms to see a lot of red rashes from the elbows down. Why am I getting rashes with my flu? Probably some flu bug reaction.
Granted my dad did work in rural health centers, but I do remember he made sure I got all my shots when I was younger, I think!
I am probably overreacting. The funny thing is when I was living in rural parts, I never remember getting this kind of rashes. Never underestimate the country life, which I always hated growing up. My dad was a hermit himself, just like his kid, yours truly. Instead of working in the big cities, he had preferred to establish his teeth profession in the rural parts after completing grad school at the age of 38. He wanted to go med school, but after helping to put Uncle Nick, his younger bro, through college and med school, my dad could only put himself through college in a obscure third world country which was the only place he could afford. My dad was a simple man when he died, with a soul full of integrity and a person who loved the simple quite country life. He was not a rich man like Uncle Nick, a med school prof, but my dad was a respected man loved much by those country folks he worked with.
My cousins used to treat me like a country bumpkin when I was younger, they from their sophisticated city world. They made me feel real ugly and like a blundering yokel growing up, never letting me hang out with them, and always putting me down when I asked some naive questions.
Why am I yammering away today? Going down the nostalgic country road today I guess.
On a totally different topic, I keep having this uneasy feeling that someone is hacking into my computer system. There are some irregularities I noticed, and I am kinda worried.
Another problem altogether is that today I can't seem to download pdf files from the net!! I have a huge pile of files to download right now with deadlines to meet with Christmas holidays coming up but the stupid PDF files are acting up.
I have been blogging to much lately :) . Sometimes, I feel uncomfortable writing about too much personal info, since I used to get scared that someone I know might wander into here, but over the months, I realized the blog world is just to big for such random coincidences.
Maybe tomorrow this stupid flu will go way, today it is not happening(:

4 comments:
Sorry you are still feeling ill. Your dad sounds like such a wonderful man. I know the feeling of feeling like a country bumpkin myself. My dad moved away from his whole entire family and whenever we would go back to visit, we would always feel like my grandparents resented us. My cousins were always doing better than we were, at least that's what we would hear throughout our visits there. Funny how things change when you get older.
Stopping by to say hello...Hope that you feel better soon.
I think I would have enjoyed the country life. It's not a lesser life, as you know.
people can be so cruel..and it's not right!
Always,
Crusty~
Post a Comment