Monday, December 17, 2007

Pinpricks


My head feels pins and needles right now! Weird. I started the day bright and early, managing to finish and submit the first part of an application needed to be submitted by a deadline time yesterday. Still have to submit the second part by January. Yeah, wait for the kicker here, the application fees is 125 dollars!! Breath in, breath out, and gasp! it! Probably the costliest application fees I have to deal with, have to submit in 2 payments now. If it was not for the full scholarship tag shining brightly with it, I would not have dragged myself to sit in the early morning coldness with a sore throat groaning in front of my laptop. Still, after 1000 word essays, 8 pages of online forms, and I finally pressed the submit button 15 minutes to the deadline. I was quite pleased with myself, and started to continue with my studying for January exams. Lesson learned from last month, so I wanted to prepare in advance. I was quite happy since I felt like I was finally making some progress while ignoring my flu.

Then, how did the headache come? Lack of sleep? I had been ignoring my lack of sleep discomforts nicely being absorbed in my book. Then how?
Good guess.
How else then? My family members of course. Give a cookie to the lucky guesser.
One relative lady asked me to immediately go and do her grocery shopping and get her meal at the Indian restaurant. uggh. Started screaming, saying her knee was swollen when I told her I will do it tomorrow since I was kinda absorbed in my work right now. Then, started screaming at me for 2 hours, my head started pounding.
My family members have big mouths, can argue till dawn until you accept defeat and say you are sorry for daring to defy them. Ahhh!! I can scream internally of course, if I dare to chirp up, more suffering to my bleeding ears. Past experiences, lessons learned, got slapped by Uncle Tim's wife real bad once for opening my mouth against her in middle of her screaming. Who is Uncle Tim? Dad's 2nd younger brother.

So, my schedule for the coming week. Do shopping, errands, pay bills for relatives. Do their chores, avoid getting at the receiving end of their verbal abuse. Then fill up scholarship applications to meet January 1st deadline. Research to check if there any more full scholarships out there needed to be in by January 1st. Make sure I study at least 4-6 hours each day. Send emails to colleges inquiring about scholarships. Keep track of all the ongoing application process
Don't eat any ice creams to avoid flus!

Still raining heavily down here. Brrr...cold...still scratching my hands. Still have not figured about the recommendation letter, avoiding thinking about that.
Take care my fellow bloggers!!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I wish you'd just take care of you and what you need to do for school. Hang up on those relatives. A quick, sorry too busy to talk and put down the receiver. Take care Kyrie.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

ohhhhhhhhh mannnnnnnnn, I'm sorry Kyrie! that really is a pain that you shouldNOT have to deal with-especially over the holidays!
My home would always be open to you for a Holiday..think of the lives that you've virtually touched! So thank you!
Always,
Crusty
You have this sister feeling about you, and I just want to protect you like I do my other sisters... :)
ANyways,..almost thursday!! :)

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

lubriderm works really good the one with SEA KELP extract...should help calm the itchies out of your hands.
How are you doing, today?
Always,
crusty~