Friday, November 2, 2007

Warning! Saccharine Overload!


Saccharine overload in my extra strong coffee couple of hours ago is still running its course in my nerve system. I just can't sit still to completely do something properly, jumping from one subject to another (: I gave up, and started typing my blog.

My printer cartridges, both, have not a single drop of ink left. I really need to buy new ones as I have to print out and mail a lot of forms beginning from next week. Then, I really needed to buy this one book, I really wanted to, but the way expenses seem to building up, I am afraid I cannot afford to. Mailing forms is a pretty expensive process with all the crazy application fees I have to figure in. Sometimes, I think Education is being turned into a business, defeating the original purpose of the birth of this noble field many centuries ago. Back to my point, even someone who is doing self-study ironically sometimes becomes too broke to properly carry it out, i.g. because she can't afford a fifty dollar book. I know, I know, I am ranting. But, you can't deny it, education is being commercialized to its very core, educators have sold out, higher learning institutions have sold out.

Well, I will never sell out. The world is a crazy place, and I keep seeing a lot crazy stuff that could shake one to her very core. I got totally disgusted with the corrupting characters that unfortunately you have to come across every day the minute you step out of the house. It is a filthy world we live in, and sometimes one really needs, at least for maintaining her sanity and not let those corrupting forces stuff get to you , to have a sacrosanct bubble around herself filled with beautiful thoughts, untainted from the outside world.

The words from my iGoogle's fortune cookie yesterday,
You find pleasure in your company and rely on your mind to occupy you.

Hence the bubble theory is one that should not be burst. Thanks for putting up with this post.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I only buy black ink. Colored ink is freakin too expensive to buy. Why's that? It's cheaper to buy a printer than it is the ink to fill it.

SpringMist said...

Cheryl,
Yeah! U are right, the printer is way more cheaper, and whn I bought it last December, at a discounted price at tht prepacked with 2 free catridges, I never knew wht I was getting myself into with the ink! I wicked marketing ploy I say!
I never bought colored too since getting the printer, but I wanted to make a good impression with my applications, so I finally got rid of the old depleted colored catridge bumming out in my printer, and in go the new one!

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

oh boy do I know how that overload feels!! :)
always,
Crusty~