Monday, September 17, 2007

Void

Emptiness and void seem to be overpowering my life right now. I miss my life in school, when life was brimming full with hope. The distance future then beckoned filled with animation, and infinite possibilities. Now, I will give anything to get back those youthful dreams of the dreamy teenager I was then. Instead, now I feel nothing, hopeless and broken.
Who am I kidding? I keep talking about dreams and aspirations, but somehow lately, I keep staring in my head at a future filled with empty void. My uncles, Uncle Nick and Uncle Tim, keep telling me there is no way in hell I will ever get those scholarships I keep talking about, or ever for that matter set foot in medical school one day.
Time waits for no one, and I fear my twenties will pass by in a flicker of a eye just like that as I allowed my teens to pass by without even shadow of a step closer to the ambitions that I once had set out to carve as a gawky teen many many moons ago.
My emotions feel completely drained today, and I just want to crawl up into a corner. I never can seem to escape the gloom that seems intent on chasing me or my family who keep trampling me down like dirt.

"I will never escape this deleterious crap," my heart seems to echo.

6 comments:

Andrew said...

My day is looking brighter now. I hope yours is too! I can't stand to read one of my friends having a hard time. To think. I should be drunk now and couldn't write you to help cheer you up. Your comments today meant the world to me so thanks! Your friend,

Andrew

TAG said...

Uncle Tim and Uncle Nick are morons. If you have a defeatist attitude of course you will fail. Do not let their negative attitudes drag you down.

Work your ass off and never ever give up on those dreams.

You have the power within you to determine your future. It's up to you to persevere when others fall by the wayside.

Years in the future when you are a successful doctor remember this and make sure you let Mick and Tim know YOU never doubted yourself even when they did.

TAG

Anonymous said...

kyrie

dont give up your dreams for anyone or anything they say...i was in the crossroads too once and medical school almost passed me by...but somehow,someway i got hold of it.you can too:) if you need to talk to someone..just give me your email or something and i will get back to you :)
take care

all the best

MJ

Anonymous said...

oops i am anonymous coz i dont have a blogger account..umm..im not sure how to get in touch lol
ideas?

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I wish you'd stay away from those family members...they're poison.
You can accomplish anything..and if you want a reminder, rent that movie the Pursuit of Happyness..
yes the 20's do zoom by..the trick is to minimize the regrets. If you hit your 30's would you regret not attempting to fill out all those annoying papers? I think you may..I think school misses you too.
I hope things improve for you!! :)
You're in my thoughts!
Always,
Crusty~

Cheryl said...

It's Wednesday night and I'm hoping you're in a better frame of mind. I think I've heard our feelings are controlled by our thoughts. I'm wishing you'd think positive. I can picture your future success and you should too.