Saturday, July 7, 2007

Nightmares

It has been 2 days in a row that my sleep is being disturbed by nightmares. I could only wish that these dreams are your regular run of the mill freaking ghostly ones. But sadly that is not the case.

Today, I woke just after 4 hours of sleep by an eerily too familiar of a nightmare that I hope is not a bad omen of things to come. In today's dream, Uncle Bas shows up suddenly at my house shouting and screaming at me for not answering my phone and for avoiding meeting Uncle Tim last month by staying away from my house when he came one afternoon. Yesterday, I dreamed that I picked up the phone by mistake and Uncle Bas started screaming over the other line that I am an ungrateful person for avoiding them since May. Both of these dreams really shook me up and both times, I woke up shivering and in shock. I have a really big fat headache now ever since I woke up today. I tried to calm myself by walking to the porch and today's 7 am morning greeted me with a surprisingly cooling breeze. I took in this brief cool moment well aware of the scorching hot weather that today as usual will bring.

I am on my 5th cup of coffee right now! I am hoping that my headache will ease up because the pain is impeding my concentration and I can't seem to think straight.
7/7/07 has proven to be a damn unlucky day for me. I guess you can never trust pundits and such.

I had spotted from my room's window a lady named Thia, a spy actually for Uncle Bas, earlier this week pretending to talk to my neighbour and all the while her eyes kept darting to my door. She is a horrible woman who whenever she catches up with me, talks in a very unkind and hurtful manner. She had always insisted that I should stop wasting my time studying or dream of becoming a doctor, and that I should start working right away. Well, I guess she expected me to go outside and greet her in respect and listen to her quietly as she puts me down like usual, but this time I had wised up and stayed clear out of her way until she left. If I had done this when I was in speaking terms with my crazy relatives, I would have immediately received a phone call from Uncle Bas shouting at me for showing disrespect.

I think I am running a fever right now and this bad headache and stupid nightmares are making me feel nauseous.
I am still filling some scholarship papers and I have a rather long e-mail to write regarding an internship connected with volunteer work (It is really a long shot but if I get it, it will be a good opportunity).

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Can you get a restraining order against your uncles? Not only do they harass you in person, they're invading your dreams.

Good luck with the internship.

Billy said...

Hope you get the internship. I love tuning into each post, it's better than the lives on Wisteria Lane. Are you sure you aren't a desperate housewife?

SpringMist said...

Lol Abbagirl!
I could never be the marrying time so no chance to be a desperate housewife.
I am trying to run away frm dramas!
Good morning my friends!