Monday, July 9, 2007

Ahhhh My Head Hurts!

Image - copyright 1998Lo Scarabeo S.r.l.

I am still stuck with a lousy headache and I think my coffee marathons these past 2 days had finally hit home front today since I could not sleep a wink.

Red robin usually posts his personal horoscopes on his blog so I though I follow suit today and post the tarot card I received yesterday. (I know it is not very christian playing tarot cards though but I never can resist trying the online tarot card thing)! This tarot card is quite creepy though and really out there!

I became quite the procrastinator lately and I have a ton of paperwork to get through. I need to come up with some decent essays too and I hope I do not come up with some half baked ones since the headache is causing me to not think straight. As you have probably concluded from my writings in this blog, I am not a very good writer. In fact my grammar is always in a mess. (For all my readers who never commented before and just been lurking around, here is a very good chance to slam my writing style. I give you my full permission.)

So I have been thinking of getting in touch with the Classics . I am going start reading some of William Faulkner's works maybe. But before that, first of all I think I am going to read Fahrenheit 451 by good ole Ray. I know all this is so high schoolish and I am years past high school, but it never hurts to reconnect with English lit.
One of my favorite writers had been Oscar Wilde. Why was the gay dude one of favorites? Well instead of being all gayish and in La La land, his book, The Picture of Dorian Gray actually brought in a very serious message ( I am probably being biased because like the book's message, I abhor vanity!).

Well if I do get stuck with a gap year from college this semester, at least the great Classics will keep me in company! I am a great fan of Rene Descartes and I might even plunge into his writings on philosophy. I did spot an old book of his writings in the library and I had always wanted to read his stuff in depth. Well I have always been a science student so you might call these proposed endeavors the re-education of Kyrie.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love to read. I always have a book around (when I'm not reading People magazine!) and an audio book in the car.

I don't think anyone's going to slam you for your grammer. That's just bad manners!

Billy said...

I have always been intrigued by tarot cards. I don't know much about them. Do you know how to use them?

SpringMist said...

I dont know how to use tarot cards Abbagirl74 but I am intrigued by thm as well!

OMDG said...

If you go the Faulkner route, I'd recommend Light in August, or As I Lay Dying. Their themes seem like they might resonate with your life of late.