Another storm, boring! Why am I not surprised?
3.00 pm in the afternoon and it began to rain again. The vast gloomy dark clouds in the horizon seem to scream out "Another storm is coming!". The 4 hours of storm in the wee hours of the morning today seems has not satisfied Mother Nature's apetite lately for lightnings and thunderstorms this past week. Everyday passes with more than three hours of thunderous storm each day since last Friday.
The gloomy weather has brought flash floods around many places in my part of the world.
"Woooooooooo.....Woooooooo....". The howling winds make me think that there are banshees dancing outside wrecking havoc while the rest of the humans seek refuge within their humble abodes.
Anyway, the weather's mood seems to match mine lately.
Everyday brings a storm. Hey, that somehow resonances my life.
Anyway, last 2 weeks I did not sleep a wink since my mind seems to be doing cart wheels everytime I close my swollen puffy eyes. Well, my mind and soul got so exhausted that I kinda slept through the weekend. I needed the rest and Sunday saw me getting 8 sweet hours of glorious sleep. Now, that is a miracle.
Well, I got a pleasant surprise when I opened my email as I was greeted by advices and scholarships suggestions from several online friends and a counsellor at another college. It amazes me how kind strangers are. What a stark difference to my cold as fish snooty relatives.

2 comments:
Strangers can surprise you. Family can be so cold sometimes. I have gone through similar situations. Good luck on the scholarships.
Thank you abbagirl74 for your comment!
Post a Comment