Still on A Sleep Deprived Journey
I hv been listening to Gym Class Heroes the whole night yesterday. Actually more like gawking at Travis (hey I am a single girl !), the lead singer while listening to their videos from youtube. My all time favourite is the Queen and I. You can never get tired watching the video over n over again! Now I sound like an obsessed fan! Nah, it is just my fav video lately.
I got tons of reading to do but my headache and my droopy eyes are not co-operating! This past 2 weeks, my insomnia and nights n early mornings spent in front of my laptop is causing me to sleep for only 2 to 3 hours everyday. The most sleep I got is today, 5 hours!
Maybe all my worries are disrupting my sleep cycle as in the stillness of the night my mind goes in hyperactive mode! Whatever the results frm the scholarship places would be, I am glad to hv always stood by principles and never compromised them. I never cared much about money and I will probably never will for the rest of my life! I live a simple and humble lifestyle, some might even say austere and monastic but I am satisfied with the way of life I have chosen to live. I have chosen to uphold my principles and dignity and I have never desired to chase after the fleeting pleasures of life or take the quicker route which dishonours my principles to achieve success. So I will walk the slow n difficult walk on the much longer and harder route to achieve my ambitions. However, as thy say it does not matter how much u achieved in ur life as much as how u lived it! A person's life is defined by the principles he/she followed.
Martin Luther and Aung San Suu Kyi have always inspired me and I admire thm because they were willing to stubbornly stand by their principles and never give up their fights for life's fleeting comforts. They were people from different eras, religions and backgrounds but both them had noble principles and chose to live a monastic life in their journey to uphold these principles!

No comments:
Post a Comment