Relatives n False Hopes
I started a delerious search for scholarships the whole night yesterday through as many scholarship search engines as possible online n only stopped at 8 a.m. today morning. I started getting agitated about "what am I gonna do if I dont get any scholarships" and when I get myself immersed in this agitated state everytime, I will do this all night scholarship search till it reaches 8 am and sometimes even 9 am. The thing is it is difficult to find a scholarship tht matches one's profile n one has to shift through tons of scholarship websites for days till u find the one tht ur qualified 2 apply. I know if I dont get a scholarship , I would never be able to complete my studies. That wht my witch aunt n "I am so rich bow dwn 2 me" uncle Nicholas (Uncle Nick) whats anyway. One has 2 mind one 'p's n 'q's around uncle Nick or he takes the slightest misuse of word or even any small gesture as a insult, frm the way one talks to the way one walks.
They told me not to dream of ever getting either the degree I want or scholarship. If he is not going to help me, please dont stand me in my way. Once uncle Nick threw such a tantrum in my place insulting me, I had to miss a major exam. Rich uncle Nick had promised my dad whn he was dying tht he will help me with my studies but after my dad's death, whn I went 2 him 4 help for my studies (I only asked 4 a loan tht I promised to pay back), he totally insulted n humiliated me. He is my dad's bro (not the one married to the witch aunt). So I realized my stupid mistake in trusting these people. I never again will ask a single cent frm him n if anyone is reading this play pray tht I never be in a situation tht I hv to. I guess he never will realize how much all of his words n actions hv disraughted n affected me all through the years after my dad's death. U know how people like uncles n relatives come up 2 u after ur dad died n say I am like ur dad n dont worry well my uncles did tht too but after all the insults, mental torture n crying through my teenage life, I realized the futileness of looking for a father figure after ur real one dies. Dont buy into all tht crap or u will get hurt , escape as fast as u can. Uncle Nick wife is a sweet woman though but I rarely get 2 see her.
Stuff got worse after my dad's death n I alone became responsible 4 all of the unfinished stuff he left behind. There was simply no one there. I even had to fight tooth n nail 4 the house he left . Everything going on forced me to drop out of school even though I was in my senior year. Tht was the lowest point because everytime whn things got bad the only place I can find solace is within my books n studies. I fought n worked hard 2 go back to school n whn I finally did, I studied day n night, did not care bout my food,sleep,friends anything, nothing mattered 2 me n all my focus was 2 catch up with my studies since I hv been out of school for so long (2 years I am not proud 2 admit it but lack of money n all of the burdens tht I had 2 face following dad's death pushed me tht way). I completed school 2 my surprise with a couple of awards n with the best results in the graduating class. Guess I did a hat trick. But all of my efforts would not matter if I dont get 2 fulfill my ambition but I cant graduate frm college if I dont get sufficient scholarship. Where is tht karma whn u need it. At least my dad's karma should hv passed down 2 me since he was always doin volunteer work but maybe his name Samson was unluckly like in the bible.

3 comments:
Hi Kyrie. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm sorry your relatives are being so rude. What is it with family anyway... the whole saying you can pick friends but you can't pick your family is so true. I'll pray for you that you can find the schalorship you need. BTW... what I Island is it that you come from. Have a good Easter my friend.
Hi there,
thanks for the comment.
You've been through so much...I really hope you manage to achieve what you want in life.
Good luck :) Don't give up.
Thanks alexis n ice girl! Hope u guys have a great Easter!
Post a Comment