Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The war of papers & The witch lady

Ok. The past few days my room looks like it been hit by a paper war. I am starting to abhor the sight of papers this past week. Documents, forms, applications, transcripts ...I have been marching through this weapons of mass destruction 2 my sanity. This seems to become a routine in my life lately n completely tiring. Some time along the the way if I could see some positive results for all my efforts n it will be ok but noooo...The same story always seem to be repeating . The admin people will ask me to send this n tht n I would be running like a chicken without its head preparing all the stuff. In the end I will wait n wait n wait n boom one fine day after ages they will say sorry miss, we could not give the scholarships ur asking. Wht is frustrating is before I apply I will email thm, send in my results and they will reply sure sure u can get it. But after the application is sent it they will say we can only give u this much nothing more. Nights of insomnia filled with delirious studying....this is the end result?
I hv a witch aunt.. I call her the witch. She told me " u might hv great results but u dont deserve to think about graduating frm uni since u are dirt poor since ur dad died leaving all those debts". The witch is rich married to my dad's bro. The night my dad died she told me I don't feel any pity for u... I was just a skinny teenager thn sobbing in a corner. So she is the evil witch. She never talked 2 me like tht whn my dad was alive thn she was all smiles. I really felt like Cinderella... hell there is no the prince just tht I hv met the closest thing to the evil step mother. Hell the evil step mother will probably wet her pants if she had met this witch. Whn she slapped me one day for no apparent reason I finally stopped being the scared little timed person crawled up in a corner. I told myself to the hell with all of u ... u not goin to hurt me anymore... n I never looked back at thm. Of course she followed her husband to visit once in a blue moon, the uncle who promised i am just like ur dad n I will take up his responsibilities.. yeah right where was he whn this lady treated me like dirt.. n the witch will sit in my dad's house acting like she is the queen of England n billeting me bullying me for a few hours during those visits... but now I hv learned to talk back to stand up for myself.
But of course , I hv 2 thank her for one thing. Seeing her made me realize tht I never want 2 grow into becoming this evil bitter cruel woman in 30 years time. I want 2 make a difference in people's life strangers n friends alike.. I want to be there for whoever who could use a helping hand. N I am learning n trying to be this person everyday. To all those reading this blog please don't become tht apathetic individual, cruel n livin with a heart of stone, instead try to treat every person, young n old, u come across especially those in need with kindness n at least with basic humanity.. don't be selfish n say I don't care bout anyone else expect bout my own kids, husband,mom,dad. Try 2 find the basic humanity within u. Try 2 feel for change..try to care..try to find ur soul once in a while if tht is not too much to ask. N for those few exceptional people who do care n have touched the lives of those u meet.. please keep on doin wht ur doin..PLEASE NEVER STOP N NEVER GIVE UP! U are those who make life worth living..I know I know it sounds corny but hey its my blog I can say whatever I feel...And for those others who just cant seem grab hold of their souls.. go check ur local community college to see if there are any Basic Humanity 101 classes and enroll pronto OK!

No comments: