Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

Why colleges are sending decisions when the weather is crappy? What if my envelope gets in lost in the snow? Both are white. Can't they send it send in black covers instead. : my friend frm Minnesota IM's said in the morning. It is Saturday night, Easter holidays are here but all anyone can think now is why didn't the mail man/lady bring me that big envelope in the morning. Everyone have been IM, emailing, texting like crazy. "It 11 am, the UPS guy went past my house already.."the 15th IM I received cried.Well that is the picture how my Saturday was spent. The UPS guy has suddenly the most sought off celebrity in your neighborhood. Don't you wish you kept your dog on the leash all this years when he came by instead of...

Different people have spent their gap years quite uniquely. Some chose to catch on some extra APs to get those extra college credits. Since the Obama and Hilary campaigns have been launched full speed, one of my good friends have been volunteering for the Hilary camp. But she is not the only one. Many of those gap year takers this year have been really involved in this campaigns. And it is a great way to beef up your EC if you are into political science. But I feel politics is boring. Yawn.

I have a first draft to submit to the organizing university of the eco project with my mates. Damn this stuff is crazy. And the grad student assigned to advise us has been too busy so we are on our own.
When the first week of college starts in the fall, most college have placement exams to assign to students to a higher class level. I am not sure to take up some extra SAT subject tests to cover that basis as well in the coming months or just read up for the placement exams.
A junior from a LAC I am applying to asked why I didn't ask for interviews from most of my colleges. Just get some alumni to interview you, what is the big deal. I suck at interviews but I did go for one two months back done by a college professor for a cool college in New York. I think I did alright. We will see.

Happy Easter People!! Everyone who drop by, please leave a Happy Easter line. I love Easter, its a time of renewed hope, strength, faith. Bless our Lord Jesus Christ. Praise.

And to my friends: Happy Easter to Cheryl, Abba, Crusty, Andrew, Proxima and your families. Have a nice holiday weekend too.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I hope the UPS carrier delivers good news to you. And, happy Easter to you!

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Happy Easter to you too!!!

How was it?

I know what you mean about the rain (previous post) it's raining here, with snow-AGAIN- and it's making me cranky...really cranky. ;)

Always,
Elizabeth

Billy said...

Hope you had a wonderful Easter! You are so sweet!

Cheryl said...

You've been too quiet. How are you?

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Funny, I was just going to ask the same question; are you alright?

Always,
Elizabeth