My Christmas Wish

Last week was a total blur with me getting between 1 to 3 hours of sleep each day. Sleep deprived, and surviving on black coffees since my food rations was depleted, I worked myself into a total tensed up bundle of unraveling nerves last week. I did not want to screw up the exams, and spent every waking hour either studying for the exams or worrying about them.
And then Thursday night came. I had not slept since Wednesday, been skipping meals, and had been trying to cram everything in my already numbed brain for next day's exams. 8 pm, I remember walking into the bathroom and then I found myself regained consciousness on the bathroom floor a few minutes later. Stupid me had fainted, and I tasted blood in my mouth. Yuck! I had been bleeding. I started feeling lightheaded and dizzy and decided I needed some sleep. 10.30 pm, I woke up again, worried that I am going to missing revising for my exams. And I studied throughout the night.
I felt very nervous the next day for my first paper at 8.30 am. I still felt lightheaded and started feeling shaky at my seat. I griped tightly onto my pen. When the exam started, I found it difficult to collect myself and I made some silly mistakes. I had studied all the materials, but my nerves got to me.
Exams are over now. Not counting the first paper, I did confidently on the rest of the exam papers. Everything I studied came up in the exams. I would have done better on the first paper since I knew how to do all the questions, but I let my nerves get to me. I was very disappointed for goofing up on the first paper.
Now, my Christmas wish is that I get really good scores on these exams, despite my stupid blunders on the first paper. Pray for me please because I really need good scores on those exams to boost my scholarship chances to get me into college. College and scholarship deadlines are coming up next month, and I need to present a good image on my academic resume.

5 comments:
Prayers and positive thoughts are coming your way!
I hope you did better than you hoped for. Now get some rest.
I hope that you are feeling better. I hope that things went well with your exams. I have missed reading your blog.
Take care of yourself. I worries me that you fainted. You will do no one any good if you are in the hospital. Missing you when you don't write. Take care and let us know how you are doing.
LOTS OF SUPPORT TO YOU!!!
Always,
Crusty~
Post a Comment