Shiny Trinkets
I had dragged myself to buy a pair of socks for my feet, since it has been some months that my feet had been sock free in my sneakers. My last pair of socks has ended up with so many holes, that it is hopelessly beyond repair. So, in trying to become a more a pragmatic and sensible me, I conceded I cannot put of the socks affairs any longer for the coming cold months and all the walking that I do. So, I set of to the local mall, a sore sight for the eyes, the sole gravitating life force smack in the middle of my dear mall town. Actually, despite the busy and bustling edifice that it is, much worshiped by my town folks, I totally deplore that mall. For me it seems like a dreary, soul sucking place. Ah, it is just me probably.
So after grabbing the socks in a shop on the 3rd floor, I started towards the trinkets aisle, and started browsing listlessly. All the pretty bracelets, brooches, and oh other so shiny trinkets were prettily displayed. And then it hit me that somehow I have changed for my mind was not even a little bit interested in these shiny objects. Not a teeny weeny bit even. Couple of years back, in my gawky teenage years, I used to spend ages obsessing over these trinkets, wishing I can own that one or buy this one. But now, I can't even muster an ounce of interest as my eyes darted listlessly over those shinny shinny objects. I guess I have grown, and this small episode of self realization kinda hit me there in my gloomy old mall today.

6 comments:
guess uve outgrown ur fascination for those trinkets...
i used to love collecting trinkets myself a coupla years back...i dont anymore but yess do spend a lotta time at malls checking the trinket counter...though i hardly buy any...guess im not completely over them but i do prefer buying somethin more useful instead...:)
oooooooooh but the warmth of new socks on a cold night after warming the socks up and putting them on your cold toes? that will be wonderful!
Always,
Crusty!
but trinkets I have to stay away from, I could get myself in trouble. :)
they overwhelm me in stores with those doodadds...good for you and your willpower!!! :)
Always,
Crusty~
I was at the mall tonight, sockless. It's time to buy new ones for me too.
pri,
I used to love silver coated bracelets whn I was a teen. There is a rusty bunch somewhere still :)
U are right, I can use the money for more useful things like a yummy ice cream :)
crusty,
:). Then you better stay away from the trinkets' shops this weekend. How is your weekend break going on so far? Shopping? Partying? Trinkets hunting? :) Just joking :)
Cheryl,
I just read ur latest post. Enjoy ur shopping today. Blogger ate my comment for u, but I will try to post another afterwards. My comments been getting eaten up regularly. Stupid Google.
Crusty,
But my will power disappears the minute I spot the ice cream shop :) Or the magazine aisle, sadly I will standing there for hours sneaking in a read for free :)
Post a Comment