Wednesday's Food Meltdown

My throat really feels hoarse right now. I got really mad at at how selfish and self centered my family members can be. I finally could not hold in my temper and had told this relative lady of. I am really mad at how much chores I have done for this lady, and she still remains ungrateful and treats me like dirt. First I did her grocery shopping, then she wanted something from the pharmacy and I got it. I never complained about such errands. What took the cake was when she started screaming at me to go to this restaurant on the other end of the town to get her dinner. Before that, I already had bought her fried chicken, Indian food and seafood at three different restaurants upon her request as part of her dinner! I had gone everywhere on foot as I was saving my money. My head started feeling numb, and I wanted to back to my home. I had been running errands until 7 p.m. I told her I am not feeling well and I had some forms too fill at my home.
"Shut your mouth! That is my FAVORITE restaurant and I will have my meal from there, " she screamed at me.
"Cannot you make do with the food I already bought?" I asked.
Apparently it was not enough to fill her food needs. I always end up running all over the town to buy her various meals every week when I am summoned to do the madam's errands.
And she will finish every dish at one single meal time.
Anyway, my bad mood started rearing its head, and I went back to my house without running that last errand. Later in the night found out she had vomited after consuming such a large amount in one go. I sighed. It is alright to have a hearty appetite but I feel this madam is heading towards gluttony. I know it is mean of me to say that but she never even bothered that I left for home without getting myself any dinner. Some days she had summoned me to go out at nights sometimes after 9 p.m. to run her meal errands. She will start screaming at me with harsh words until I relented. She will then say she is feeling weak, she had diabetes and she must get good food. And apparently she is too tired to cook frequently. I will do everything she asks but even if I am unable to buy food at one of the food stops, I will get screamed at for hours until my ears bleed.
And the madam never appreciated me for all the errands I did for her, sometimes even leaving my own schoolwork to take a backseat while I am running up and down town for her. If I ever refuse for any of my own emergencies, like preparing for exams the next day, she will start throwing really ugly and cruel words until I could not stand no more. Other times she will use emotional blackmails like she is feeling sick. But then, I will find her fit as a fiddle scowling at me.
She really belongs in the Victorian Ages I tell you.
Anyway, I get some forms to fill right now. Thank you for putting up with another of my unpleasant emotional outbursts. I really get tired sometimes being treated like an indispensable object by my own relatives. My late father never ever treated me like this. My friends used to say I was like a little princess when I was younger because the way my dad looked after me. I guess maybe karma is taking its backlash, because some days I feel like an unimportant worm now.
I guess this post is not a nice one. I try temper with a nicer one afterwards.

2 comments:
And why are you helping her out? What a thankless job. I'm sorry, but I think I'd quit if I were you. You need positive people in your life, ya know?
You don't deserve that treatment.
Money and authority and elder age doesn't warrent disrespect to wonderful people like you!!
Always,
Crusty~
Post a Comment