Friday, October 19, 2007

My Kooky Week So Far


I am totally fed up with emails this week! I have two web mail accounts, but I had been using Yahoo for everything official for many years. This week, I had a lot emails to send to colleges, for scholarship inquiries, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, to my horror, all the emails I sent using the Yahoo service kept bouncing back! I started to wonder maybe someone hacked into my email account or something, but there was no trace. Anyway, I took a lot of effort in writing those long emails, and it really put me in a quandary.
Maybe all the stupid spams I received messed up my email account or something. I got really frustrated and like a person on a warpath, I started my mission to get to the bottom of the problem (perhaps it would have helped if I was more computer savvy in the first place). Then, I found out someone put up my IP for blacklist in Barracuda, a email filtering service, someone either did it on purpose or perhaps some spammer hacked onto my laptop. Either way, I got really angry and sent Barracuda a piece of my mind. I told them they should have been more careful, and should not just blindly add anyone's IPs and all without checking properly. Anyway, at last my Yahoo email account behaved properly again from yesterday....for a while....then everything turned into Spanish!!! I started clicking my mouse trying to figure my way out..

I did not know a word of Spanish despite all the telenovas on Telemundo that mindlessly glazed through my brain while I was having my meals in front of the TV these days.
Anyhow, I did not understand why my English mode of web mail became a Spanish one. I did not click on anything. I am not that computerly challenged. Huh!
Anyway, I finally changed it back to English. Was it a bug, a virus, a Spanish hacker? I don't know. I hate you Yahoo mail!! I blame it on Yahoo, everything! The security service for Yahoo mail is way waaayyyy low.

What is happening to my "Finding my way back to school" program? It is proceeding, painfully slow (:. Tons of applications, emails, forms, hours of research... the usual drill.
I am trying not to panic but one of my high school certificates is missing, a very important one at that. I found out as I was trying to put together some applications this week. I turned my desk, my room, my house upside down..not there. My old school does that have a copy.. I am afraid. However scatterbrain I may seem to appear, I never lost my certificates. I always have them together in one place. Not panicking..not panicking..

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sounds like you've been really busy. Frustrating with that e-mail stuff. Spanish? Weird. I think you'll find your certificate. If not, you can get a copy, right? Good luck!

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Keep it up!!
ANd I'm laughing because I was going to joke with you and say, thank goodness I didn't email you this week!! :)
Always,
Crusty~
I still can't get the sundae picture out of my head.