Memories Wrapped In A Bubble

I was thinking about my old high school yesterday. Actually the whole week in the truth, bits and pieces of memories kept finding their way back to hence present consciousness.
The long winding river in its gentle deep quietness, the sturdy yellow bridge above it, the car workshop by the river where I will always catch a glimpse of one or two of my school mates hanging out, the wide open ground that will become bustling with activity whenever the circus or carnivals come to town.... the natural and man made edifices near my old school, such simple existences that strangely I miss dearly for not being there in my life anymore.
I thought of my first crush, Cider, the guy who sat behind me in history class in 10th grade...I never got the nerve to speak to him in not more than 2 words, despite all the attention I got from him :)
I thought of my old friends, my best friend who split her eraser into two when I had none for an exam... Stupid pranks I used to pull, my crazy jokes that only my friends actually thought were funny...
Just simple memories protected in a sweet fragile bubble of the past..

2 comments:
memories of HS...so refreshing..sometimes it helps us cope with our present life to reflect on the days past.. :)
Hope you're ready for a great weekend..because I think you deserve one!
Always,
Crusty~
I miss high school! It was so much fun. I didn't belong to any certain group. I was actually friends with everyone. I hated how everyone would segregate themselves into their own little groups. Too much to learn about others, so I hung out with everyone. Thanks for "taking me back".
Post a Comment