Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Woken Up By The Ambulance Sirens

I awoke with a jolt during the wee hours of the morning yesterday to the deafening sound of sirens. A loud thud followed. I had trouble sleeping earlier because of my bloody migraine acting up again, and only had just managed to doze off.
I rushed to investigate, and the sight of a large ambulance and two female paramedics standing at my Chinese neighbors’ doorsteps greeted me. Rubbing my eyes, and wondering to myself if I am still half asleep, I stopped short of giving my face a gentle slap just to make sure I am fully awake.
The Chinese grandma stood outside with a handbag in her hand, and kept shouting to her grandkid to come outside. “ I am doing my business in the toilet!” the 12 year old grandson screamed back for all the neighborhood to hear.
The older grandson kept grinning slyly as he stood by the grandma.
“What the hell?” I though. “Was anybody sick?” I wondered. The female paramedics seemed even more bewildered.
After about 15 minutes of a screaming match between the kid in the bathroom and the grandma, who had now gone into the house to continue her screaming, the older grandson finally told the paramedics to leave. Nobody got into the ambulance, and the medics left seemingly in a foul mood.
Soon after the ambulance left, the two kids started laughing uncontrollably and the grandma started scolding them.
I still have not found why the ambulance came, but my day continued from that second, in me being sleep starved and walking half asleep.
I am avoiding tyenol because I heard it can worsen my gastric, and today I am still feeling sleep deficient since I slept yesterday for only 1 ½ hours.

Now I am not going to say my neighbors are weird, since they probably have even more valid reason to think so of my own relatives who always kept throwing horrible tantrums in my front yard whenever they visit.
Once when I came home late in the evening after taking the ferry from the Island, my neighbor grandma informed me that she saw a man lurking around my house, and it seemed like he was trying to break in. She had approached him horrified and warned him that she was going to call the cops. He had quickly introduced himself as being Uncle Bas.
“Is he really your uncle? Why was he trying to break in?” she later asked me suspiciously after describing him.
When I later asked Uncle Bas for an explanation, he responded saying he though I was hiding inside the house to avoid meeting him, and he was just checking to make sure!
So, I ask you dear readers, who are the weird ones?

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I think we're all a little dysfunctional, ya know?

Billy said...

I agree. :)

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

we all have our issues, that's for sure.
I'd be rather peeved at the young boys that interrupted my headache induced migraine with silly behavior..but, such as life.
and you did all of this without caffeine?
That's incredible!!!
Hope you're feeling better.
What a crazy tale..and you explained it perfectly.
Always,
Crusty~

SpringMist said...

Cheryl,
Hey there!! I agree totally :)
We do live in a dysfunctional world.

abbagirl,
Hey. I wish u could get more breaks frm work. U totally deserve it. Take care n get some rest.

crusty,
I am still going cold turkey on caffeine. Survivng barely on decaf and cocoa today :).