Thursday, September 27, 2007

"Don't play with tarot cards," my dead grandma would have said!

Image - copyright 1998 Lo Scarabeo s.r.l.
"The Death Card"! Yikes!

I received this ominous card in my email a few hours ago as part of the Daily Tarot Card emails I had signed up for.
I had received this card only 2 or 3 times previously since signing up for the Tarot email service from last year. And every time I got the card, something weird had happened to me.

The first time, I escaped narrowly from being run over by a bus as I was walking across a busy bus terminal. I was dead tired after my exams, and was walking half dazed after alighting from the ferry. I had to maneuver across the diesel fumes to catch another 1 hour bus trip back home. It had been my usual routine when I was studying in the island, and I had taken it for granted that I knew every inch of the goings and comings of the bus terminal, to walk in such a careless manner among this gigantic ferries of the highways. Skreeeeech, and the scream of a lady somewhere revived me back to full consciousness, and in addition I got an earful of curses from the bus driver.
The second time a relative nearly burned down the kitchen in my father's house as the fire hit from the stove to the roof, just as I was opening my email to find the Death Card. BOOM :).
The third time I fell really ill in March this year.

So, I kinda marked this card as a bad omen :) .

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Well, I hope this means that you'll be very lucky again. Careful!

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

maybe it's all those headaches...stress can drive anyone to their death..hang tough..you'll be okay..just be careful, okay??
ALways,
Crusty~

Anonymous said...

Sometimes death is naught more then a rebirth. It doesn't have to be a bad omen. Maybe now is the time to shed old layers and become the person you were meant to be.

Life is about choices with a dash of perspective. Amanda (mydisplaced.blogspot.com) is learning how to learn again with her Autistic son, while dealing with issues that have had the power to take her down before.

Things only hold power over you if you let them.

-P

Anonymous said...

kudos to Proxima Blue.

in my many years of reading tarot I've found the death card to never mean a literal death. In fact, most tarot books (the ones that are worth their salt) call it a "rebirth" card.

Blessings on the new journey you're embarking (embarked?) on.