Ants Everywhere.... The Alien Ant Invasion
First of all, thank you for the real supportive and constructive comments in the previous post. I am have been feeling really down lately and my self-confidence had reached an all time low, so having people tell me I can actually achieve my ambitions some day when I am on the verge on losing hope is something I really appreciate.
For the past 2 days, I have not been feeling very well. I think I am coming down with the flu. Runny nose, sore throat, watery eyes.. ugh.
I had a shock yesterday when suddenly a lot of black ants appeared out of nowhere on my desk. I am used to spotting couple of ants lately but yesterday the fast moving critters were zig zaging all over my desk at a ridiculously high amount. My first reaction was to grab my laptop and I hoped that none had taken residence within USB portals or other orifices on the laptop's surface. Then I started clearing my books and printer, when I suddenly saw a disgusting heap of ants on top of each other then made my stomach crawl. I took out the bug spray and took of the table cloth. I gasped as I saw hundreds of ants and ant shells. They must have hatched in the morning I guessed. I just realized my desk had become a lair for ants. No wonder, I had been sneezing a lot lately. I am allergic to insect bites especially that of ants. I started shooting my bug spray like crazy everywhere until I began to get giddy in the smoke. I rushed out my room in a sneezing marathon. I waited until the air cleared a bit and ants become sluggish before I returned to sweep away the ghastly heaps of ants on my desk which looked like a scene from a B grade horror movie. I started scrubbing my desk with soap water several times and after finally clearing away the ants after 2 hours from my room from each nook and cranny, I started scrubbing the floors. The day ended with me exhausted, covered with ant bites, and I think I even inhaled a couple.

3 comments:
Oh, poor you. I just hate ants. Yuck! I've never had it as bad as you. BTW, awesome description! Kudos. I usually get one invasion each spring of the enormous black kind. I've taken to vacuuming them up. This spring I got the tiny ones. I have 4 Terro liquid ant baits here and there just in case they come back.
Thank you so much for the birthday wishes. It's been a good day.
I called the exterminator. I can't deal with bugs AT ALL! I shuddered at your description, which was awesome, by the way. Hope you get to feeling better.
Keep your head up!
Are you feeling better?
Post a Comment