Taking A Page From Oprah
I have had a major migraine these past 2 days. And because I am always stuck to my laptop (somedays I will be working on my laptop until 7 am or even 8 am ), the bright white screen is driving me crazy adding to my headache. I tried working with Internet options in Tools on top of the screen, but of course I can only change from white to another color for few webpage backgrounds.
I never was a big fan of talk shows n even Oprah talk show I found were totally emo for my taste. However, the lady is an inspiring person hands down with all she has done in life. This only hit me after her recent appearance at Howard Uni graduation day.
So, I was reading Oprah's speech at Howard University's grad day and it was totally inspiring and moving. She had said, "My integrity is not for sale, and neither is yours. " Right on!
Quoting Oprah, " Dont be a slave to any form of selling out."
This is something that I have tried to maintain in my life in however bad life may seem to be going. We should always remind ourselves that however tempting it may be to seek the easy way out, we should never bargain our integrity. The success achieved in that way is always meaningless in the end. People have said to me, why do I have so much pride?
" You are broke because of your father's debts."
Uncle Tim once told me, "You are nothing. Don't try to show ur stubborn pride to me".
I am sorry Uncle Tim but you are wrong.
I AM SOMETHING because of this pride of mine and integrity that I will steadfastly hold on to. I am someone because I of the principles I hold on to.
"Cogito ergo sum" as Descartes quoted. I think therefore I am.
