Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Rejected Again! A Slap On The Face!

I have been feeling guilty for not updating my blog this week. I heard from the last and final place that I was still counting on to get a scholarship. The answer was not positive. They asked about the major exam that I missed in December. I did not know how to explain and was in no mood to give a long story on why I missed it.


I was really counting on this scholarship because it is not just an ordinary scholarship, if I had gotten it, I can transfer into this big shot university where finally I have a good chance of entering a dual admission program for the course of studies that I have been trying to get into for so long. The scholarship is connected with the uni. I really had hoped for it.


Actually, when others started getting answers in April from this place, I guessed I did not get it. But a well meaning fellow student convinced me to contact the place again. He told me my stats are really good and I should have no problem. This guy actually has about nearly the same stats as me but he got more than 10 scholarships in hundreds of thousands of dollars.


But I think my problem is probably I sent in the scholarship application too near its deadline and the exam I missed. I even had to pay a 380 dollars application fees and that is a lot for me. Not to mention all the expenses of making copies of transcripts, certs, notarizing etc


I am trying to re appeal and see how it goes. I lost all hope since the scholarship people did not seem very happy when I contacted them. 2 days have passed already, and they have not gotten back to me yet. Sometimes, I feel like such a loser.



I am not feeling well today. I drank some tea just now but still feeling lousy. As they say, your mind affects your body and my mind right now is in a total mess.






4 comments:

b9505024brian said...

You sound a little bit sad, and actually I don't know exactly how to console you. But I think at least you did a good job. You gave it another try, and left no regrets in your mind. Though the consequences are not as you expected, you can tell yourself "at least I give it a try".

Sometimes, things will not cater to our mind all the way. So far, I have met a lot of troubles, and not all of them I can deal well. Then I told myself I have tried, and there still are a lot of chances in my life, maybe I can take this experience as a lesson. And next time maybe I will be better. As a proverb goes, “Man proposes, God disposes.” Sometimes, we just have to do what we have to do, and then just wait for the consequences.

Finally, I want to remind you that there also exist a lot of opportunities in your life, and you will do well next time. CHEER UR!!

b9505024brian said...

Sorry! I am not good at consoling others, especially girls.....

Red Robin. said...

We set our minds on one place far ahead. We decide we want it, we work hard for it. We do everything we can.

But sometimes, on occasion, the winds blow us another way.

Whatever happens madam. Take heart. All that you are is as unique as anything is under among the stars.
You will have your place, your niche.

Everything does...

All the best geeza. As we say in good ol' london tahn.

SpringMist said...

Thanks Brian, your comments did cheer me up a bit! Thanks!

Red robin, thank you for your comment.

I just wish I will find my niche soon.