Sunday, May 6, 2007

Just My Luck

Yesterday, I spent the day in Borders. I bought a book and a magazine and 3 notebooks. They had a sale and there were a lot of books I was coveting and finally could afford. Plus the book by Barrons tht I bought had just arrived in stocks last week and I had been waiting for that book since January.
Anyways, of course there were plenty of other books I wish could afford to buy. So, the next best thing I could do was plant myself in their sofa and read those books. A lot kids were getting ready for first day of classes beginning this Monday in certain nearby colleges so the place was packed. This guy and girl sitting next to me however I understood from non intentional eavesdropping were studying for exams next week and mooched off Borders books for hours. Each of their text was well over 75 dollars so they decided to do their studying here. I kinda understand their point because certain textbooks can cause u an arm and a leg n the text version in libraries are so old n outdated. U would be lucky to find a '93 or '94 publication of the textbook. And many of the cool textbooks tht would guarantee a complete comprehension are not locally available and if u try to order thm online, it will take more thn 4 months to arrive if ur lucky. By thn many of ur exams were probably over anyway.
I was reading a book by Ben Kaplan on "How to go through college for free" when suddenly I came across this one term I though I just down quickly whn suddenly this Borders sales guy, a lanky chinese boy with pointed colored hair, pounced on me scolding I cant take notes. Red with embarrassment, I apologized but his sudden appearance took me off guard n I did not think to defend myself n explain it was just one damn word. Meanwhile, many students like the slim chinese girl beside me were furiously taking down notes frm real textbooks and nobody frm Boders got on their case. Just my luck I thought! N with a fuck of a mood I went home tired n with a headache.

No comments: