Ma Ma Miah, What Horrendous Writing!
After reading a blog post of a friend about privacy intrusion issues and how another blogger found out his personal info, I was contemplating whether to take of my blog. Hey it is not like I hv a full legion of fans saying "all hail to Kyrie". Readers of my blog are probably cursing me because of all the grammar and spelling errors they hv to put up with in my blog! For a couple of hours, I became paranoid thinking wht if one of my potty mouth relatives found out my blog because of the actions of some well meaning genius or wht if some scholarship places I applied see this blog and think what a messed up person I am! In the end, I decided not take the blog after all! Screw my family! I guess secretly, a part of me wants my relatives to read this blog. I really want them to realize their actions and the impact they had on me growing up. I did write the truth and that is only a small part of the hell thy put it through. They are not the apologizing type though or the feeling sorry type though. So I guess tht is just wishful thinking on my part of them realizing their mistakes. The mental n verbal abuse they put me through might hv caused any other girl to become a druggie, a junkie, a total messed up person but I hv to be glad I did not become like tht. I always felt my late father, walking beside me and guiding me. Whenever I felt like giving up, I think of him telling me never to give up on my ambitions, however out of reach they might seem. "Dare to dream" my father always told me, "YOU CAN DO IT".
I realized tht it does not matter about the impact if people I know read this blog. I just told the stuff I went through. It is not a masterpiece. Any writer would say, Ma Ma Miah, wht a horrendous piece of writing, no style what so ever! Hey, I dont care. I am not interested graduating in English litt. anyway! If the scholarship people find out, they would only find I am a human being with emotions n I am expressing thm. Their only complain will probably be my writing of course! Can you guys believe I used to work in my school paper n won competitions for English essays in junior college? I hope this does not degrade my schools' English standards.
Anyway the privacy issue probably scared the shit out me because of sth tht happened to me last week. U see I went to pay my cell phone carrier bill at the carrier service shop where an schoolmate had started working. I never knew him tht much because we moved in different circles. He was majoring in economics I think. Anyway, paying bills involve disclosing private info in my country like ID card number (like social security in US), etc very tedious. After a few days, I find out he had used my info to apply for a credit card ( a Master Card mind u)! Good think I found out since I always been careful of my personal financial stuff after my dad died because I nearly got scammed by people I know couple of times (I even had to sell my dad's Toyota because of tht). Anyway, I called the bank and solved the problem. It was easy since the bank admitted it will never approve a credit card for a broke jobless kid like me! Here to hv a credit card u hv to been earning at least 2000 dollars a month.
I did not make a police report bout the guy. I did think about it but in the end I decided I did not want to destroy his life.

No comments:
Post a Comment