Saturday, March 24, 2007

THE MILLENNIUM'S MUSIC

I recently read an article in the local newspaper in which the writer says that the millennium, the past 7 years, has not recorded not even one spectacular thing to shout about in the music industry. She went on to say everything that music industry coughed up was totally bland during this era. She wrote that at least the 90's had its boy bands and went on to list the previous decades 'spectacular' music escapades.
I was surprised and thought this lady must have been sleeping for the past 7 years. Where was she when many indie rock bands that previously were left unnoticed burst into the scene and got the recognition they deserved. Come on where would Fall Out Boy and Death Cab For Cutie would be if it was not for the millennium era and its penchant for discovering those hidden talents, diamond in the rough.
And who could forget Linkin Park and the revolution they brought. And what about the work of geniuses the established bands gave us like "Hail to The Thief" by Radiohead or the works of Greenday tht got all those awards. THOSE music overloaded our senses and palates to the max!
And so as one who spent her schoollife listening to Linkin Park ( I still wish they make a comeback) I say music industry never saw anything spectacular like it did this past 7 years, a combinations of music discoveries that will leave its mark for decades to come.

No comments: